What are @healthhabits?
@healthhabits (helTH habəts/)
Regular practices or tendencies which lead to to a person being…
- Free from illness or injury,
- Stronger, faster & more powerful than “normal” people,
- Happy, calm & content with life,
- A role model for their friends & family,
- Amazing to look at naked.
YOUR @healthhabits (helTH habəts/)
Regular practices or tendencies which lead to to YOU being…
- As healthy as YOU can possibly be
- As fit, strong & powerful as YOU can possibly be
- As happy, calm & content as YOU have ever been
- A role model for YOUR friends & family
- Amazing to look at naked
Q: And what the difference between these two definitions?
- You are a unique person with unique strengths & weaknesses.
- You deserve better than a one-size-fits-all fitness program or diet.
- You deserve the latest scientific research mashed together with the “real-world” experience of the best health & fitness pros.
- You deserve an approach that doesn’t blame you for not being able to stick with an all-kale diet.
- You deserve some help finding out exactly what you need…not someone trying sell you what they want you to believe
Q: How are we going to help you find your @healthhabits?
A1: Education – There are over 1500 articles here at @healthhabits. Most of them are based on solid scientific research. Some of them are based on “real world” techniques that have never been properly studied. Either way, I hope you have the good sense to read these articles with a critical eye. If the article makes sense to you…put it to the test.
- Try a new diet plan for a month or two…see how your body responds
- Try out a new workout for a few weeks…see how your body responds
- Try out some of that crazy self-help mental/emotional advice…and see how your body, mood & mind responds
A3: Community – With over 900,000 @healthhabits followers, it’s pretty easy to find a peer willing to discuss
Who is the giant brain behind @healthhabits?
@healthhabits is the online home of:
- Douglas Robb
- 45 years old
- Personal Trainer
- Social Media junkie
- Raptors fan
- Etc, etc, etc…
A Very Brief Bio
For the past 20+ years, I have helped hundreds of “real world” people transform their bodies.
Unfortunately, during these 20 years, I have also seen my share of clients who spend a lot of money, skip a lot of workouts, sabotage a lot of healthy meal plans and end up no better off than when they started. Luckily for me, I never thought of these experiences as failures. Each client taught me something new about the “real world” physiology and psychology of body transformation.
And, thanks to their input, I have arrived at some simple truths about successful body transformation.
Transformation is possible.
Transformation is simple….but not easy
- For every problem, there is a solution. When it comes to body transformation, we need to identify your specific problems and apply the best possible solution(s)…..simple
- Unfortunately, this transformation isn’t always easy. Your bad habits have been messing up your life for years and they will not go down without a fight.
There is no “best” diet or supplement or food or training plan.
- Your personal situation is different than mine.
- Your challenges are different than mine.
- Your solutions are going to be different than mine.
- People selling niche diets or training methods care more about branding & money than finding solutions to problems
With that being said, I believe that for most people, some version of a Paleo Diet is the best way to lose weight and get healthy. I also believe that high intensity training is superior to most other training methods for creating lean, strong, ultra-fit bodies.
The health/fitness/weight loss industry is a multi-billion dollar business that is based on products /services that are designed to fail. Designed to fail because, if they actually did what they promised, you would never need to buy another book/supplement ever again.
The top-down approach to health/fitness/weight loss doesn’t work.
For decades, “the experts” have been telling the public what to eat & how to move. And yet, obesity, diabetes and heart disease keep getting worse year after year. It’s time for a change. It’s time to combine all of the “expert” knowledge with the equally important “grassroots” experience of….us. And that’s my goal for @Healthhabits.
Take the best from the scientific community, combine it with the knowledge of the fitness community and then filter it through the experiences of the end user.
Because I believe in Truth #5, Health Habits needs to become fully interactive to be successful.
Using social media, we have the ability to share stories, research, best practices, crazy theories, new recipes, etc…
- There is no need to suffer through a diet in solitude.
- There is no reason to be stuck performing the same ineffective training plan month after month after month.
- There is no need to waste money on ineffective supplements
There is so much good info out there. If we help each other by sharing our knowledge & experience, we all benefit.
Note: I realize that makes me sound like a communist new-age hippie…but it doesn’t make it any less true.