Question #1 : Want to be healthier, fitter, leaner, sexier, etc?
Question #2 : Are you insanely busy?
If you answered yes to both questions, have I got good news for you.
Starting today, I am going to start posting a series of mini-workouts designed to:
- improve fitness,
- improve health,
- burn fat,
- build functional strength,
- improve energy system function,
- improve muscular endurance,
- improve speed endurance
- AND save you time.
Each post will consist of a single mini-workout. All of these mini-workout posts will be catalogued together to allow you to mix & match to create your own custom plan.
Here we go with…
Max Benefit – Min Time Workout #1
- Push-ups – modifying the angle of your body to suit your strength/fitness level (feet elevated, flat on floor, hands on bench, hands on counter, leaning against wall, etc)
- Bodyweight Squats – modifying depth of squat to suit your strength/fitness level (ass to the grass, parallel to floor, 1/2 squat, 1/4 squat, etc)
- Alternate exercises (push-ups/squats/push-ups/etc…)
- 1st Set – 20 reps, 2nd Set – 19 reps, 3rd Set – 18 reps….all the way down to 10 reps (Total of 11 sets)
Speed of Execution
Perform reps as fast as possible…with good form
Minimize reps between exercises – zero rest between sets is the goal
How to keep improving with this workout
The design of this mini-workout allows you to keep improving as you choose harder versions of the exercises and/or perform them faster and/or reduce the amount of rest between exercises
- Push-ups – 20 reps
- Bodyweight Squats – 20 reps
- Push-ups – 19 reps
- Bodyweight Squats – 19 reps
- Push-ups – 18 reps
- Bodyweight Squats – 18 reps
- Push-ups – 17 reps
- Bodyweight Squats – 17 reps
- Push-ups – 16 reps
- Bodyweight Squats – 16 reps
- Push-ups – 15 reps
- Bodyweight Squats – 15 reps
- Push-ups – 14 reps
- Bodyweight Squats – 14 reps
- Push-ups – 13 reps
- Bodyweight Squats – 13 reps
- Push-ups – 12 reps
- Bodyweight Squats – 12 reps
- Push-ups – 11 reps
- Bodyweight Squats – 11 reps
- Push-ups – 10 reps
- Bodyweight Squats – 10 reps
That’s it for today. As I add new Max Benefit – Min Time workouts, I will include a link to a index page which will list all of workouts in one place.
Like this article???
If you like this article, don’t forget to subscribe to @healthhabits. When you subscribe, my friends at MailChimp will make sure to send you an email every time I post something new here at the blog.
As well, you also get access to the series of Supplement Reports that I am publishing this year.