I made an awesome smoothie this morning and I thought I should share it with y’all.
- Water (duh) – didn’t measure – adjust for desired thickness
- Mango juice – 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon – didn’t measure – 5 shakes from container
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Inulin fiber – 1 tbsp
- Magnesium (Natural Calm plain) – 1 tsp
- Honey Comb – 1 tbsp
- Coconut Oil – 1 tbsp
- Fish Oil – 1 tbsp
- New Zealand Whey protein powder (Ergogenics Nutrition) – 3 scoops
- Vege Greens green powder – 2 scoops
- Frozen Blackberries
- Frozen Blueberries
- Frozen Raspberries
- Frozen Strawberries – 1/2 bag of mixed berries
This recipe makes 3 medium sized smoothies for me. Feel free to play with ingredient amounts. Everytime I make a smoothie it turns out different. Except for the oils, protein powder and greens, I usually never measure anything.
- Add the ingredients to the blender as listed..
- I used the smoothie auto-setting on my Blendtec blender.
- If you don’t have one of these bad boys, start by blending slowly to break up the frozen fruit for approx 20 seconds. Then go to a medium speed for 10 seconds. Then blend on the highest speed for 10 seconds – this will give you the desired smoothieness.
- Make sure the fruit is chopped up before moving up to med speed.
- Rinse out your blender right away…I pour a couple of cups of water in the blender, add some dish soap and blend on high – rinse and let dry