The Holy Grail of Bodybuilding
- Get ripped…
- while packing on slabs of muscle…
- in a short time frame….
- without drugs.
And here’s how we’re going to do it.
Between 10 – 12 calories per pound of Lean Body Mass (LBM)
- LBM = your total weight – body-fat weight
- a 220 lb man with 20% BF has an LBM of 176 lbs
- An LBM of 176 = a range of 1760 to 2112 calories per day
Drink a serving of Gaspari Nutrition’s Size On Max Performance during the course of your workout.
- Creatine + whey protein hydrosylate + leucine + carbohydrates + some other “stuff” = my favorite workout drink. (180 calories)
- Whey Isolate protein shake – water, 2 scoops of protein, shake, chug – (200 – 260 calories of muscle re-building-ness)
[box type=”note”]If you’re finding that you’re not gaining or shudder…losing some muscle mass on this plan, I want you to add extra carbs to this shake – fruit, sweeteners, whatever Take the calories away from the carbs you eat during the rest of the day[/box]
Rest of the Day Nutrition
In addition to the workout supplements, I recommend 2 tbsps of fish oil to be taken each day. Personally, I take 1 tbsp in the morning and the second spoonful before I go to bed.
Next, we need to subtract the supplement calories from the daily allowance…
- Fish Oil (240 cal)
- Size On (180 cal)
- Whey Protein shake (200 – 260 cal)
- Total – 620-680 calories
This leaves our test subject with between 1080 and 1492 calories for the rest of the day
Here’s how he’s going to get those calories
- 1/2 will come from carb-free Protein sources – eggs, beef, chicken, fish, etc…
- 1/2 will come from the approved vegetable list
If you need to use fat to prepare your meals, subtract those calories from your protein sources
Approved Vegetable List
- Leafy, green, salad-type vegetables – Amaranth, Arugula, Beet greens, Bok choy, Broccoli Rabe, Borage greens, Brussels sprout, Cabbage, Catsear, Celery, Celtuce, Ceylon spinach, Chaya, Chickweed, Chicory, Chinese Mallow, Chrysanthemum leaves, Collard greens, Corn salad, Cress, Dandelion, Endive, Fat hen, Fiddlehead, Fluted pumpkin, Garden Rocket, Kale, Komatsuna, Kuka, Lagos bologi, Lamb’s lettuce, Land cress, Lettuce, Lizard’s tail, Melokhia, Miner’s Lettuce, Mizuna greens, Mustard, Napa cabbage, New Zealand Spinach, Orache, Pak choy, Paracress, Poke, Radicchio, Sea beet, Sea kale, Sierra Leone bologi, Soko, Sorrel, Spinach, Summer purslane, Swiss chard, Tatsoi, Turnip greens, Watercress, Water spinach, Winter purslane and Yarrow
- Flowers and flower buds – Artichoke, Broccoli, Caper, Cauliflower, Courgette flowers and Squash blossoms
- Bulb and stem vegetables – Asparagus, Cardoon, Celeriac, Celery, Elephant Garlic, Florence fennel, Garlic, Kohlrabi, Leek, Kurrat, Lotus root, Nopal, Onion, Pearl onion, Prussian asparagus, Spring Onion/Scallion, Shallot, Welsh onion and Wild leek
- Root and tuberous vegetables – Bamboo shoot, Beetroot, Burdock, Broadleaf arrowhead, Camas, Canna, Carrot, Cassava, Chinese artichoke, Daikon, Elephant Foot yam, Ensete, Ginger, Hamburg parsley, Horseradish, Jerusalem artichoke, Jícama, Mashua, Parsnip, Pignut, Prairie turnip, Radish, Rutabaga, Salsify, Scorzonera, Skirret, Swede, Sweet Potato or Kumara, Taro, Ti, Tigernut, Turnip, Ulluco, Water chestnut, Yacón and Yam
- Sea vegetables – Aonori, Carola, Dabberlocks or badderlocks, Dulse or dillisk, Hijiki, Kombu, Laver, Mozuku, Nori, Ogonori, Sea grape, Sea kale, Sea lettuce and Wakame
- Other Vegetables/ Fruits – Bell pepper, Bitter melon/Bitter gourd, Chayote, Courgette, Cucumber, Ivy Gourd, Eggplant/Aubergine/Brinjal, Luffa, Pumpkin, Squash, Sweet pepper (Capsicum), Tinda, Tomatillo, Tomato and Winter melon
- Avocado oil, bacon fat, butter, coconut oil, ghee, lard, tallow, nut butters, walnut oil, macadamia oil, and olive oil (over salads & veg only – don’t cook with olive oil)
This series of workouts will pile on muscle mass faster than a big tub of steroids.
- The Ultimate Hardgainer Workout
- Ultimate Hardgainer Workout – Legs
- Ultimate Hardgainer Workout – Chest and Back
- The Ultimate Hardgainer Workout – Arms and Core
- Ultimate Hardgainer Workout – Shoulders, Back, Neck and Traps
- The Paleo Network – for the veggie list
Like this article?
Subscribe to @healthhabits and my friends at Mail Chimp will make sure that every time I scribble an article for @healthhabits, it will end up in your email inbox.
In addition to the articles, I will be writing a series of Special Reports this year exclusively for @healthhabits subscribers.
Subscribe now and make sure you don’t miss out.