Earlier in the year, I wrote an article about the fat burning effects of Green Coffee Bean Extract (GCB).
Since then I have found out a little more about GCB…and it’s all good.
Not only does…
- It look like a more effective fat burner than the two pharma fat-burners (Qysmia/Qnexa & Belviq) recently approved by the FDA,
- It seems to have a blood pressure lowering effect
And it’s this positive effect on blood pressure that makes Green Coffee Bean Extract unlike any other fat-burner (drug or supplement) on the market today.
And considering that a lot of my clients who come to me for help losing weight also have high blood pressure, I may finally have a supplement that I recommend…even after talking to their doctor.
Here’s some of the science:
- In 2002, researchers found that “oral ingestion of GCE decreases blood pressure in hypertensive rats“
- In 2005, researchers found that “daily use of GCE has a blood pressure-lowering effect in (human) patients with mild hypertension“
- In 2006, researchers discovered a bit more about the BP lowering effect of GCB
- Another study in 2006 identified that the Chlorogenic acids found in GCB are a safe and effective way of lowering human hypertension
- Now in 2012, we have another study showing how GCB improves blood pressure, arterial elasticity, abdominal fat & waist circumference
And when we combine all that with another 2012 study which showed how GCB lowered body weight, BMI, percent body fat while producing a small decrease in heart rate (BPM), we end up with a product worthy of significant interest from the medical community
Sounds like a great fat burner to me
NOTE: There is more research to be done on GCB. If you are going to experiment with it as a fat burner, I HIGHLY recommend talking with your doctor and paying close attention to how your body responds. Just because the science looks good up to this point, doesn’t mean that they won’t find a problem next year
- Supplement Updates – GCB
- Health Habits – GCB
- Health Habits – Qnexa/Qysmia
- Health Habits – Belviq
- Pub Med – GCB Extract & BP #1
- Pub Med – GCB Extract & BP #2
- General Info – GCB Extract
- Pub Med UK – GCB Extract & BP #3
- Nature – GCB & BP #4
- NCBI _ GCB, Obesity – Safety & Efficacy
- Endocrine Abstracts – GCB – Obesity & BP