A couple of months ago Dr. Oz read one of my articles about Raspberry Ketones and decided that RK supplements were a pretty cool way to melt off excess body fat.
Not wanting to keep this info to himself, he decided to do a segment about RK on his daytime tv show. And the day after that…. the supplement world went absolutely crazy with requests for RK pills.
I wonder what’s going to happen when he finds out about the next big natural fat burning supplement – Green Coffee Bean Extract.
The Science behind GCB and Weight Loss
There have been a number of studies over the years which showed that GCB extract had a positive effect on human fat loss.
This latest study is a little different in that it is the first to investigate how different dosages of GCB extract impact the effectiveness of fat loss.
Here’s what the researchers did….
Subjects received high-dose GCB (1050 mg), low-dose GCA (700 mg), or placebo in separate six-week treatment periods followed by two-week washout periods to reduce any influence of preceding treatment. Treatments were counterbalanced between subjects. Primary measurements were body weight, body mass index, and percent body fat. Heart rate and blood pressure were also measured.
- At the end of the study, 16 of 16 lost fat.
- The subjects lost an average of 10% of their weight
- There were no adverse side effects
- 16 of 16 completed the study
- When participants were on the high dose of GCB extract, the weight came off quickly
- When participants were on the low dose of GCB extract, the weight came off more gradually
- When participants were on the placebo, weight loss stopped
How do these results compare to pharmaceutical fat burners?
- 30-40% of test subjects dropped out of studies testing sibutramine, orlistat or rimonabant
- Compared with placebo, orlistat reduced weight by 2.9%
- Compared with placebo, sibutramine reduced weight by 4.3%
- Compared with placebo, rimonabant reduced weight by 4.1%
- GCB extract produces results far superior to big pharma fat burners
- GCB has no adverse side effects
- GCB extract is waaaaaayyyyy cheaper than a prescription fat burner
- Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity: Targets and Therapy – pdf of full study