Here’s what you can expect from this year’s crop of workouts:
- 3 HIRT style workouts per week – Mon/Wed/Fri mornings
- Exercise suggestions for the rest of the week – based on different goals/needs
- Nutrition suggestions & recipes from my favorite food bloggers – starting Week 2
The most difficult part of designing this program was making the workouts challenging enough for experienced trainees and yet understandable and do-able for beginners.
To that end, it would be a big favor if you think I have missed the mark to let me know via comment/email/tweet.etc. Thanks.
HIRT Workout Highlights
These workouts are designed to improve:
- Muscular Strength/Power/Speed
- Muscular Balance
- Overall Fitness
- Overall Health, and
- Reduce Obesity
I want to create healthy, pain-free athletes…not bodybuilders.
- Sets will be based on time – not reps.
- Rest periods will be as short as possible – based on your fitness level
- Intensity varies based on your fitness level
- Weights used and % of Max Strength varied based on fitness level & personal goals
- I will focus on basic movements for beginners but make suggestions for more experienced lifters
Stay tuned. The first workout goes live tomorrow.