Day 2 – Week #5.
Your body is recovering and recharging for next week’s onslaught.
Remember – the past 4 weeks have been pretty tough on your body and you really need this week to give your neuro-muscular system a chance to recover.
The workout listed below is for those trainees interested in adding muscle to their physiquesand who are not exhausted from the past 4 weeks of workouts.
If that isn’t you, skip these workouts and go do a yoga or pilates class or do a week of cardio.
Nothing too strenuous and hopefully something you enjoy doing.
Week 6 is going to be tough and I would prefer to see you rested up a little bit before we dive back into it.
Alright, let’s get on with the…
Circles – Starting with the ankles and moving all the way up to your neck, gently make circles with all of your joints – 10 revolutions each joint in each direction
Dead Bug – Push your lower back into the floor and articulate your arms & legs as in the video. 1 set of as many reps as possible with your lower back pushed into the floor. When your back starts to arch…STOP
1 Arm Swing Snatch – 25 reps per arm – Dumbbell or kettlebell – choose a light weight – the goal is to warm-up
Bulgarian Squat/Lunge (bodyweight only)
warm up with 2 sets per leg of 10 reps
* Then do 40 to 60 reps per leg by…
* banging out the first 15-20 in normal fashion…rest for a few seconds – drawing in 4 big breaths…and then bang out a few more reps (1-5),,,rest again…lift again…rest again…until you get to your maximum (40-60) reps
Rest 5 minutes, and then do the other leg
Rest another 5 min and move onto….
Glute Ham Raises (2 Leg)
Same protocol as the Bulgarians
- Warm up with a couple of 10 rep sets
- And then try to get between 50-80 reps
* banging out those first 30 or so in normal fashion…rest for a few seconds – drawing in 4 big breaths…and then bang out a few more reps ,,,rest again…lift again…rest again…until you get to (50-80) reps
Note: There is a good chance some of you won’t be able to do 50 reps. Here’s what I want you to do – place an incline bench or big stability ball in front of you so that you can do partial reps.
You will have to fiddle around with the depth of repetition and the # of repetitions to get it right.
Either way, remember that you legs should be screaming at you by the end of this single work set
That’s it, you’re done for today.
Stretch and Go home
Tomorrow, do some easy cardio & stretching (lots of stretching)
Friday, it’s back to the weights