Based upon your feedback, the next 50 weeks of workouts will focus on:
- Overall Fitness / Athleticism
- Fat Loss
- Strength / Power
- General Health / Disease Prevention
In essence, our goal is to create bodies that can perform at a high level of overall fitness, look great while doing it and potentially live forever.
Alright, so here we go.
Today I am going to lay out an overview of the workouts you are going to be doing for the next 4 weeks.
Later tonight, I will post another article laying out the specifics of Monday’s workout, with videos, etc…
The Plan for the next 4 Weeks
- 3 resistance training workouts per week
- Off days will vary depending on your personal goals
- If your main goal is strength & power, you will perform Neural Recharge workouts – I will post sample workouts
- If you want to improve your cardio, do cardio
- If you want to improve your flexibility, do a yoga class or stretch
- If you want to have fun while exercising, take a class, play a sport, etc…
- But, NO SERIOUS LIFTING on your off days. You’ll screw up your recovery.
- Each workout will start with a 10 minute warm-up session
- 5 minutes of joint mobility exercises, and
- 5 minutes of exercises designed to get your muscles all nice and pliable
From the warm-up, we move immediately to the main part of the workout
- 4-6 HIRT Supersets (# of sets depends on your current state of fitness)
- Each superset lasts 5 minutes – buy a timer
- NO REST between sets
- Perform the work part of each exercise as quickly as possible
- Rep schemes will change during the 4 weeks
- Neural Recharge exercises will be included to supercharge your nervous system
- As always, the success of HIRT workouts depends on the intensity of your effort – if you’re going to give it 80% effort, don’t bother. I want/need/demand 100% of YOUR best effort to get the most out of these workouts.
After you have completed the 5 min HIRT superset, you will have 3 minutes between sets to get ready for the next superset and perhaps even stretch a little bit. I will suggest a stretch that will help improve the performance of the next superset.
After you have completed all of the HIRT supersets, I want you to spend 10 minutes on a goal specific to you
- If you really want to lose weight, spend 10 minutes doing some HIIT sprints on an exercise bike. I would recommend 10 sprints with a 10 sec ON : 50 sec OFF ratio
- If you want to buff up those biceps, hit the curls for 10 minutes
- If your hip flexors are really tight, put in 10 minutes stretching them along with your quads and lower lumbars.
- And if your goal is power & strength, spend 10 minutes doing static holds or partial lifts
And after the 10 min specialty phase, I really, really, really want you to spend another 10 minutes stretching…even if you just spent 10 minutes stretching your hip flexors.
Believe me, you’ll thank me later.
Anyway, that’s the highlights of the coming workouts.
Monday’s workout will be posted tout de suite.