Same as last week – Enjoy.
Feel free to mix things up during the warm-up. The goal is to warm up your muscles and to get your joints lubricated. I like the following warm-up exercises, but if you’re getting sick of them..do your own thing…as long as it gets the job done.
Circles – Starting with the ankles and moving all the way up to your neck, gently make circles with all of your joints – 10 revolutions each joint in each direction
Dead Bug – Push your lower back into the floor and articulate your arms & legs as in the video. 1 set of as many reps as possible with your lower back pushed into the floor. When your back starts to arch…STOP
1 Arm Swing Snatch – 25 reps per arm – Dumbbell or kettlebell – choose a light weight – the goal is to warm-up
It’s a very simple workout.
- 4 exercises performed as a circuit with minimal (zero) rest between sets
- Using the same weight for all of the exercises
- 10 sets of each exercise
- In the first round of the circuit, you perform 10 reps per exercise
- In the second round – 9 reps, third round – 8 reps, etc…all the way down to the last round of 1 rep per exercise
1 Hand Swing Snatch – choose a weight that you can handle for approximately 12 reps with good form
Band / Cable Snap Downs (aka dynamic straight-arm pulldown) – same weight selection as the Swing Snatch – 12RM
I prefer to perform these standing instead of kneeling.
BW Rows – like Monday’s push-ups, this exercise may be too easy to be performed in the same decreasing rep fashion as the other exercises. If this is the case for you, stick with 10 reps for every set.
Ab Wheel Roll Outs or Toes to the Sky – same rep scheme as BW Rows if possible
- Repeat this circuit 10 times with decreasing reps per set as outlined above.
- Keep the rest between sets to an absolute minimum
- For the freaks amongst us, you can repeat this workout a second time.
That’s it – simple ain’t it?