Goals: It’s the second of two “bridge” weeks designed to allow your energy systems a break from the high intensity workouts you have been doing for the past four weeks.
After this week, we will be returning to another high intensity phase.
And now on to the….
1. Circles – Starting with the ankles and moving all the way up to your neck, gently make circles with all of your joints – 10 revolutions each joint in each direction
2. Dead Bug – Push your lower back into the floor and articulate your arms & legs as in the video. 1 set of as many reps as possible with your lower back pushed into the floor. When your back starts to arch…STOP
3. 1 Arm Swing Snatch – 25 reps per arm – Dumbbell or kettlebell – choose a light weight – the goal is to warm-up
and now for the….
DB Push Press
warm up with 2-4 sets of 10 reps..building up to a weight that you could perform a max 15 reps
* Choose the weight that you could perform 15 reps with
* Then do 25 reps by…
* banging out those first 15 in normal fashion…rest for a few seconds – drawing in 4 big breaths…and then bang out a few more reps (1-5),,,rest again…lift again…rest again…until you get to 25 reps
Rest 5-10 minutes, and then do the same thing with
BB/DB/BW Hip Thrusts (2 Leg)
warm up with 3 or 4 sets of 10 reps..get those hams & glutes all warmed up
* Start your work set by banging out 20 reps in normal fashion…rest for a few seconds – drawing in 4 big breaths…and then (using good form) bang out another 20 reps (or 19 or 18 or 12 reps… if that’s your max with good form), rest again…lift again…rest again…until you can’t get at least 5 reps with good form
That’s it, you’re done for today.
Tomorrow, it’s cardio & stretching (lots of stretching)
Friday – weights