Goals: We’re back to a “bridge” week – designed to allow your energy systems a break from the high intensity workouts you have been doing for the past four weeks.
Alternately, you could skip these workouts and try a rousing game of Family Fun Fitness or go to a yoga or pilates class or grab some friends and do a walking tour of your town each night after work.
Nothing too strenuous and hopefully something you enjoy doing
Alright, let’s get to the…
Circles – Starting with the ankles and moving all the way up to your neck, gently make circles with all of your joints – 10 revolutions each joint in each direction
Dead Bug – Push your lower back into the floor and articulate your arms & legs as in the video. 1 set of as many reps as possible with your lower back pushed into the floor. When your back starts to arch…STOP
1 Arm Swing Snatch – 25 reps per arm – Dumbbell or kettlebell – choose a light weight – the goal is to warm-up
warm up with 3 or 4 sets of 10 reps..get those legs & glutes all warmed up
* Start your work set by banging out 20 reps in normal fashion…rest for a few seconds – drawing in 4 big breaths…and then (using good form) bang out another 20 reps (or 19 or 18 or 12 reps… if that’s your max with good form), rest again…lift again…rest again…until you can’t get at least 5 reps with good form
Once finished, your legs and lungs should feel like you just ran a marathon
Rest 5-10 minutes, and then do the same thing with
Same protocol as above
- Warm-up with some practice sets
- First set – 20 reps max with good form (some people can’t do 20 reps – do your best with good form)
- Rest for 4 deep breaths
- Do another set of max reps (up to 20 reps – with good form)
- Rest for 4 big breaths
- Keep going until you can’t do 1 quality rep with good form
And that’s it, you’re done for today.
Stretch and Go home
Tomorrow, it’s some easy cardio & stretching (lots of stretching)
Wednesday, it’s back to the weights