Goals: This is another “bridge” week designed to allow your energy systems a break from the high intensity workouts you have been doing for the past four weeks.
After this week, we will be returning to another high intensity phase.
And now on to the….
1. Circles – Starting with the ankles and moving all the way up to your neck, gently make circles with all of your joints – 10 revolutions each joint in each direction
2. Dead Bug – Push your lower back into the floor and articulate your arms & legs as in the video. 1 set of as many reps as possible with your lower back pushed into the floor. When your back starts to arch…STOP
3. 1 Arm Swing Snatch – 25 reps per arm – Dumbbell or kettlebell – choose a light weight – the goal is to warm-up
and now for the….
Bulgarian Squat/Lunge (bodyweight only)
warm up with 2 sets per leg of 10 reps
* Then do 40 to 60 reps per leg by…
* banging out the first 15-20 in normal fashion…rest for a few seconds – drawing in 4 big breaths…and then bang out a few more reps (1-5),,,rest again…lift again…rest again…until you get to your maximum (40-60) reps
Rest 5 minutes, and then do the other leg
Rest another 5 min and move onto….
Glute Ham Raises (2 Leg)
Same protocol as the Bulgarians
- Warm up with a couple of 10 rep sets
- And then try to get between 50-80 reps
* banging out those first 30 or so in normal fashion…rest for a few seconds – drawing in 4 big breaths…and then bang out a few more reps ,,,rest again…lift again…rest again…until you get to (50-80) reps
Note: There is a good chance some of you won’t be able to do 50 reps. Here’s what I want you to do – place an incline bench or big stability ball in front of you so that you can do partial reps.
You will have to fiddle around with the depth of repetition and the # of repetitions to get it right.
Either way, remember that you legs should be screaming at you by the end of this single work set
That’s it, you’re done for today.
Tomorrow, it’s cardio & stretching (lots of stretching)
Friday – weights