I love LÄRABARS
- I love them in an obsessive sort of way.
- I love them in a way that is bordering on unseemly.
- I love them because they are made with a minimal number of real ingredients with no sweeteners, no fillers, no supplements, no flavorings or no preservatives
LÄRABARS are 100% real food.
But, more than all of that, I love how LÄRABARS taste. Problem is, LÄRABARS ain’t cheap.
For example, one of my clients uses LÄRABARS to fuel her Health Habits workouts. And at $2.50 per bar x 2 bars per workout x 5 workouts per week, that means she spends $25 per week on LÄRABARS. If we assume that she takes two weeks off from her workout schedule per year, that means she spends $25 x 50 weeks = $1250 per year on LÄRABARS.
Which she would be okay with. Unfortunately, her husband isn’t.
So, to maintain connubial bliss, my client and I went online in search of homemade LÄRABAR recipes.
Here’s what we found:
- The Inner Gourmet makes a mean Cashew Cookie Larabar
- Chocolate Covered Katie makes Cashew Cookie Larabar clones as well as a wide variety of Fudge Babies (you need to check these out)
- Chilli and Chocolate has recipes for Lemon Coconut Larabars and Chocolate Larabars
- I found a whole bunch of recipes for various Larabar permutations on Spark People
- Chocolate & Zucchini makes a gourmet version with Cardamom pods
- A bunch of different recipes on this Hub Page
- A PB&J Larabar recipe from the Teens Eat twins
- The Gracious Pantry has a recipe for Cherry Pecan Larabars
- Enlightened Cooking shows you haw to make a wide variety of different Larabars
- Oh She Glows whips up a variety of different Larabars as well – Coconut Cream Pie, Chocolate Chip Cookie, Banana Bread and Chocolate Mint
- Eat, Run, Do Yoga has recipes for Almond, Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie and Chocolate Coconut Pie Larabars – note, there is oatmeal in these bars
- She also has recipes for Chocolate, Mexican Chocolate, Peanut Butter Cookie and PB & J Larabars
- Baroque Pearl has a recipe for Lemon-Nut Chocolate Truffle Larabars
- Here are another 6 Larabar recipes I found on Livestrong
- Andrea Fabry gives you a Larabar template for those DIYers out there
And for those visual learners out there, here is a “how to make” Larabars video for your viewing pleasure.
Well, that should be enough to get you started. But if none of those flavor combinations suit your fancy, here is a list of the “official” Larabar flavors.
- Chocolate chip brownie
- Chocolate chip cookie dough
- Peanut butter chocolate chip
- Peanut butter cookie
- PB & J
- Tropical Fruit Tart
- Carrot Cake
- Cherry Pie
- Chocolate Coconut
- Cocoa Mole
- Cinnamon Roll
- Lemon Bar
- Banana Bread
- Pecan Pie
- Cashew Cookie
- Coconut Cream Pie
- Ginger Snap
- Apple Pie
- Key Lime Pie
- Chocolate Hazelnut Jocolat
- German Chocolate Cake Jocolat
- Chocolate Coffee Jocolat
- Chocolate Jocolat
- Chocolate Mint Jocolat
- Chocolate Cherry Jocolat