Take 10 sedentary & overweight/obese men.
Weigh them, measure them, test their blood.
Throw them onto a electromagnetically braked cycle ergometer (exercise bike).
Subject them to 2 weeks / 6 sessions of 4 to 6 repeats of 30-second Wingate aerobic sprints with a 4 1/2 minute recovery period.
- Oxygen Uptake – improved
- Athletic Performance – improved
- Insulin Sensitivity – improved
- Resting Fat Oxidation – improved
- Systolic Blood Pressure – improved
- Resting Carb oxidation – improved
- Waist Circumference – improved
- Hip Circumference – improved
- 10 More Reasons to Love HIIT
- HIIT Kicks Cardio’s Butt
- Tabata Workouts WILL Cause Fat Loss
- Tabata Training 101
- HIIT: The Aerobic version
- 4 Steps to a Great HIIT Workout
- High Intensity Resistance Training
- Why Can’t I Lose This Fat? – Part 1
- Part 2
- Part 3
- Part 4
- HIRT Exercise Descriptions
- Part 5
- Waves and Waves of HIIT
- HIRT – No Equipment – No Problem
- HIIT Workouts – Vertical Jump Training
- Energy System Fitness
Like this article???
If you like this article, don’t forget to subscribe to @healthhabits. When you subscribe, my friends at MailChimp will make sure to send you an email every time I post something new here at the blog.
As well, you also get access to the series of Supplement Reports that I am publishing this year.