- They say that a calorie is a calorie.
- They say that to lose weight, you need to reduce your calories.
- They say that a calorie of a delicious, yet tiny cheese-burger is equal to a calorie of blueberries or filet mignon or butter or…..
They are WRONG.
They are wrong, because at a very basic level, your body is a collection of billions of individual cells working together to keep their world (that world is you) running in tip-top shape. And at that very basic level, whatever you choose to eat and drink has a profound impact upon the health of those cells.
And when you eat or drink foods that do not provide the nutrients that those cells need, they complain. They complain to the cells in charge of making you hungry.
And at first, those cells in charge of making you hungry ignore the complaints of those nutrient-deficient cells. But, as time goes by and more and more cells show up to complain about the Slurpees and pizza slices that you keep feeding them, the “make you hungry” cells get off their butts and get to work.
And, when they are motivated, those cells are very, very good at their jobs. And when they are very, very good at their jobs, you WILL get hungry. And you WILL give in to that hunger.
Resistance is futile….You can count all the calories that you want.
Your willpower is no match for the hormones and brain chemicals and various other Weapons of Excessive Hunger that your body will unleash upon itself.
- Stop thinking about calories
- Start thinking about nutrients.
- Stop sacrificing the health of your heart and brain at the altar of your taste buds
- Don’t buy another diet book or fat burner
And start eating the foods that you know are good for your body.
Like this article???
If you like this article, don’t forget to subscribe to @healthhabits. When you subscribe, my friends at MailChimp will make sure to send you an email every time I post something new here at the blog.
As well, you also get access to the series of Supplement Reports that I am publishing this year.