For the past 50+ years, health experts around the world have been telling us what to eat and how to move in order to be lean, fit and healthy.
And during that period of time,
And what is the cause of this chronic disease explosion?
The World Health Organization has identified the major risk factors for chronic disease as:
- an unhealthy diet,
- insufficient physical inactivity,
- and tobacco use.
Anti-smoking ad campaigns and government legislation caused millions of smokers to butt out.
In Canada, cigarette manufacturers were forced by the government to put these labels on their packaging.
If you smoke, you’re going to get lung cancer, develop a mouth disease, become impotent, kill your unborn baby and/or have a stroke.
Seriously, with that heavy a guilt trip, I find it hard to believe that there are any smokers left for the experts to scare.
And, for the experts, that’s a big problem.
If no one is smoking, how are we going to get that big government grant money to save the people from their own “bad habits”?
I’ve got it….we just replace the anti-smoking programs with anti-obesity programs.
- First, we need to get people scared. Really scared. Scared of being fat. Scared of their children being fat.
Let’s do that with lots and lots of newspaper and magazine articles about the obesity epidemic.
- And then, to avoid the general population from stepping in and solving their own problems, we need to step in and tell the people that we’re on top of things and that they shouldn’t worry.
‘The most significant public and personal health challenge,’ minister says
We also need to bring together all of the appropriate gov’t and non-gov’t organizations and have high level discussions and think-tanks and create some best practices and a bunch of other buzz words.
And we will bring them all together as some sort of anti-obesity, pro-health super-alliance.
- And then come the regulations and the taxes.
But, maybe there’s a better way.
Maybe there’s a way to bypass all of the experts.
Maybe there’s a way we can all help each other…without going farther into debt and without having higher taxes and without straining under additional governmental rules and regulations.
If you like what you see here, click here for updates
- The cure for cancer
- National Heart Health Strategy
- Obesity = Cancer
- Big Brother v.s Childhood Obesity
- Obama’s stimulus bill and Health Care
- Are fat kids victims of child abuse?
- Fat babies become fat kids become…
- And just when you thought the obesity epidemic couldn’t get any worse
- Does Alli work?
- HIIT: The Cure for Obesity