- A pound of body fat is equal to 3500 calories,
- There are 7 days in the week,
- This means that if my Grade 3 math skills are still up to snuff AND you burn an extra 500 calories every day of the week,
- You should burn 1 pound of body fat per week,
Now if only we new a few ways we could burn an extra 500 calories per day…
- It will take the average American Male (191 lbs) 115 minutes, or almost 2 hours of Pleasure Cycling to burn 500 calories
- It will take the average American Female (164 lbs) 135 minutes, or 2 and 1/4 hours of Riding Her Bike to Work to burn 500 calories
To find out how long it will take YOU to burn 500 calories…
- take your weight (ex 200 lbs),
- divide by the average American weight – male or female ( ex 200 lb male / 191 lbs = 1.047),
- and multiply the result by the average time that I calculated (ex 1.047 x 115 minutes = 120 minutes or two hours)
My calculations are based upon the CDC’s conclusion that the average American man weighs 191 lbs. and the average American woman weighs 164 lbs.
Like this article???
If you like this article, don’t forget to subscribe to @healthhabits. When you subscribe, my friends at MailChimp will make sure to send you an email every time I post something new here at the blog.
As well, you also get access to the series of Supplement Reports that I am publishing this year.