Mango Protein Shake
I just polished off this post-workout protein shake and I am ready for another. My version is a protein filled take on Jamie Oliver’s Mango Lassi.
Here’s Jamie’s recipe:
- 9 fluid ounces (255 milliliters) plain yogurt
- 4 1/2 fluid ounces (130 milliliters) milk
- 4 1/2 fluid ounces (130 milliliters) canned mango pulp or 7 ounces (200 grams) from 3 fresh mango, stoned and sliced
- 4 teaspoons sugar, to taste, or feel free to try salt and cardamom seeds
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend for 2 minutes, then pour into individual glasses, and serve.
- Feel free to try salt and cardamom seeds.
- The lassi can be kept refrigerated for up to 24 hours
In my version, I use:
- Approximately the same amount of yogurt. I used Balkan or Greek style yogurt. It’s thicker and creamier.
- I replaced the milk with water
- I replaced the mango pulp with frozen mango
- I skipped the salt and cardamom (none in my spice rack)
- I added 5 grams each of creatine and glutamine
- I added 2 scoops of vanilla whey protein
I am not kidding when I say this was the BEST protein shake I have ever drank.
Give it a try.
Like this article???
If you like this article, don’t forget to subscribe to @healthhabits. When you subscribe, my friends at MailChimp will make sure to send you an email every time I post something new here at the blog.
As well, you also get access to the series of Supplement Reports that I am publishing this year.