Attempts to suppress appetite have been around almost forever.
- In the 1800s, tree sap & camphor tea were thought to suppress appetite.
- Ice water is purported to both suppress appetite and increase short term metabolism.
- Along the same lines, soup based diets (see Cabbage Soup diet) claim to suppress appetite.
- Other methods of appetite suppressant include dietary fibre (see food & supplements),
- homeopathic & aromatherapy preparations,
- herbal appetite suppressants (see Hoodia Gordonii),
- and synthetics like fen-phen.
Once again, caloric restriction is the goal…the only difference is the method of restriction.
Next Page – Diuretics & Laxatives…
- Everything You Need to Know About Dieting
- Behaviour Modification Techniques
- Appetite Suppressants
- Diuretics & Laxatives
- Fat Blockers & Carb Blockers
- Bulimia & Anorexia
- Bariatric Bypass Surgery
- Scientific Research
- Burn More
- Fat Burners / Thermogenics
- Hormonal Supplements
- Liposuction / Abdominoplasty
Like this article???
If you like this article, don’t forget to subscribe to @healthhabits. When you subscribe, my friends at MailChimp will make sure to send you an email every time I post something new here at the blog.
As well, you also get access to the series of Supplement Reports that I am publishing this year.