The experts who say that the key to weight loss is education are wrong, wrong, wrong.
- Every obese person in the world knows that eating pizza at every meal will make them fat and sick.
- They also know that eating a lot of fresh vegetables will make them lean & healthy.
Lack of education isn’t the problem…emotions are the problem.
- Negative emotions that drive them to inhale an entire tub of ice cream
- Positive emotions that motivate them to live a healthier lifestyle
So…how do we learn to harness these emotions and use them to our advantage?
Here are two tricks that have worked for my clients over the past 12+ years.
- Put together a collection of images that inspire you to live an uber-fit healthy life.
- Look at these images EVERY morning before you start your day
- Look at them periodically throughout the day – save images on your phone, make them your screen-saver, post them on the fridge, tape them to the inside of your gym locker, etc…
Here are a bunch of images to get you started.
NOTE: Some people have “issues” with motivational images making them look silly. My advice: unless you’re still in high school, stop worrying about being judged by other people. Most people spend too much time thinking about themselves to be concerned with your silly physique pics
Nobody says mean things about a fat person…like that fat person says about themselves. Seriously, you would not believe how mean overweight people are to themselves. It’s like masochism & obesity go hand in hand. What makes it even worse is that all of those feelings of self-hatred often end up reinforcing the very behaviors which led to the obesity in the first place. What we need to do is turn those negative feelings around so they help motivate you to stick with your new healthy lifestyle.
Here’s what I want you to do:
- Write yourself a letter – about how you feel right now…about your body, about your health, about your emotional state, your relationships…and how your obesity & poor health negatively impacts your life
- Print out the letter
- Sign the letter
- Read that letter EVERY morning before you start your day
- Read that letter EVERY night before you go back to bed
- Take some very unflattering pictures of yourself and stuff them away in the back of your sock drawer
- Every 30 days, take new picks & stuff them back in the drawer
- After a year, pull out all the pics and review the changes
One More Thing
- You are going to blow your “diet”, skip a workout, forget to read your letter, inhale an entire cheesecake.
- It’s expected and it will happen
- It happens to everybody
- You’re not a loser
- After cheating, read your letter again and again and again.
- One cheat doesn’t negate all the hard work you have done since starting this transformation.
- One cheat doesn’t negate all the improvements you have made to your health, fitness & physique.
- Dust yourself off, pick yourself up, look at your motivation pics and go get some exercise