Mango Protein Shake
I just polished off this post-workout protein shake and I am ready for another. My version is a protein filled take on Jamie Oliver’s Mango Lassi.
Here’s Jamie’s recipe:
|This Indian drink is like a mango milkshake and is delicious.
9 fluid ounces (255 milliliters) plain yogurt
4 1/2 fluid ounces (130 milliliters) milk
4 1/2 fluid ounces (130 milliliters) canned mango pulp or 7 ounces (200 grams) from 3 fresh mango, stoned and sliced
4 teaspoons sugar, to taste, or feel free to try salt and cardamom seeds
Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend for 2 minutes, then pour into individual glasses, and serve. Feel free to try salt and cardamom seeds. The lassi can be kept refrigerated for up to 24 hours
In my version, I use:
- Approximately the same amount of yogurt. I didn’t measure, sorry. I used Balkan style yogurt. It’s thicker and creamier.
- I replaced the milk with water
- I replaced the mango pulp with frozen mango.
- I skipped the salt and cardamom (none in my spice rack)
- I added 5 grams each of creatine and glutamine
- I added 2 scoops of vanilla whey protein
I am not kidding when I say this was the BEST protein shake I have ever drank.
Give it a try.